IUHPS/DHST - International Union of History and Philosophy of Science and Technology/Division of History of Science and Technology
IUHPST is one of the scientific unions of the International Council for Science (ICSU)
It was founded in 1955 by the merging of its two existing divisions: DLMPS (Division of Logic, Methodology, and Philosophy of Science) and DHST (Division of History of Science and Technology) of which CNR is currently member-organization.
IUHPST/DHST is an international non-governmental organization devoted to the international cooperation between historians, philosophers of science and scientists interested in the history and foundational issues of their disciplines.
Its objectives are:
- establish and strengthen links between historians of science and technology and between institutions, society, specialized journals for this discipline;
- collect documents useful for the development of the history of science and technology;
- implement all measures deemed necessary or useful for the development, dissemination and organization of studies and researches in the field of history of science and technology;
- organize international conferences on the History of Science and Technology, symposia and other forms of scientific exchange;
- contribute to maintain the unity of science in general and of the human sciences; and to create links between the different disciplines of human knowledge;
- encourage contacts between historians and scholars.
The financial resources of DHST that organizes its international congress every four years, originate from the membership fees of national Members affiliated to this Division. The scientific activity is carried out mostly through its 15 scientific committees, 5 inter-Unions committees, 1 joint committees with DLMPS and 2 independent scientific sections. It also includes 45 national Committees.
In July 2017 its 25th International Congress will be held in Rio de Janeiro with the usual granting of DHST Prize to young scholars in the field: http://hpdst.gr/youngscholarsprize
IUHPST/DHST, c/o Prof. Catherine Jami, CECMC
190 avenue de France - 75244 Paris Cedex 13, France
Web site: http://www.dhstweb.org/
prof. ANTONIO LAMARRA
Istituto per il Lessico Intellettuale Europeo e Storia delle Idee
Via Nomentana, 118 - Villa Mirafiori - 00161 Roma
Phone number: 06 49917322
dott.ssa MANUELA SANNA
Istituto per la Storia del Pensiero Filosofico e Scientifico Moderno
Via Porta di Massa, 1 - 80133 Napoli
Phone number: 081 2535581
Last update: 19/09/2019