Institute of methodologies for environmental analysis (IMAA)
Dr. VINCENZO LAPENNA (nomina direttore Provvedimento n. 030 in data 01.03.2016)
Phone number: +39 0971 427206 / 260 / 232
The IMAA mission is devoted to advancing and promoting scientific knowledge in the field of Earth Observation and environmental modelling and planning with the aim to study environmental and geophysical processes characterised by a high level of complexity.
The research themes of IMAA are:
- Earth Observations by using both remote sensing and in-situ techniques to characterise atmosphere, hydrosphere, lithosphere and biosphere and their interactions, to develop meteo-climatic applications and risk prediction, prevention and mitigation;
- Chemical-physical characterisation of soil and subsoil;
- Monitoring, anthropogenic pressure and management of agricultural and natural resources;
- Development of advanced techniques (in-situ and remote sensing) for environmental monitoring and integration of chemical-physical, biological and geological methodologies;
- Integrated methodologies for Environmental Planning.