1. Models, technologies and innovative design systems for maritime transport and marine environment
- Innovative materials and processes for marine vehicles. Hydrophobic materials, anti-fouling systems, nanomaterials for drag-reduction. Innovative materials for noise and vibration reduction
- Optimization of marine vehicles- Simulation based design & numerical optimization, single and multiobjective, multidisciplinary, derivate free or gradient based, deterministic or stochastic.
- Advanced studies for maritime transport and marine environment
- Advanced models and methods for fluid dynamics, structural dynamics, acoustics, hydroelasticity, optimization and control.
2. Marine Vehicles
- Dynamics of marine vehicles: sea-keeping and station-keeping, maneuvering, etc)
- Propulsive systems: Marine propellers hydrodynamics in design and off-design conditions, cavitation, non-conventional propulsors, hull/propeller interaction, simulation of noise radiated by propulsion systems.
- Structural dynamics and fluid structure interaction
- Innovative materials, water impact loads & safety of navigation, structural dynamics and hydroelasticity, analysis of complex ship systems, vibro-acoustic analysis of ship structures, etc.
3. Marine renewable energy research
- Offshore structures: Multipurpose offshore platform, VIV, ringing phenomena, mooring,
- Marine renewable energy: Renewable energy generation devices from wind and marine currents,etc.
4. Unconventional marine vehicles
- Hydrodynamics of unconventional vehicles and high speed: Fast ship hydrodynamics, unconventional vessels, submarines.
- Underwater robotics: ROV, AUV, gliders, swarm of underwater vehicles.
5. Understanding, monitoring and studying the marine environment
- Free surface flows and coastal dynamics: sea-state now-casting, non-linear waves and wave breaking phenomena, marine and coastal research topics, free-surface flows, two phase flows, etc.
6. Eco-sustainability of maritime transport
- Environmental impact assessments and reduction: EEDI, Marine and submarine propulsive systems hydroacoustics, vibro-acoustic analysis of ship structures, simulation of noise radiated by propulsion systems, models and methods for underwater acoustics, micro-bubble drag reduction, air-lubrication, wave wash.