Institute of Atmospheric pollution Research (IIA)
Dr.ssa CINZIA PERRINO Direttore f.f. dal 1/11/2019
Phone number: +39 06 90672263
The Italian National Research Council's Institute of Atmospheric Pollution Research undertakes research and development activities in the following thematic areas (Presidential provision n. 26 Prot.n. 0021832 of 15/04/2013):
- Air pollution in urban and industrial areas;
- Industrial pollution and environmentally sensitive areas;
- Analytical technology and methodology development for laboratory and platform based characterization of air quality and sustainability;
- Polar regions;
- Atmospheric pollutant cycles and global climate change influences;
- Observation systems and networks for air pollution in support of European directives and international conventions;
- Development of systems and technologies for geospatial data sharing and interoperability;
The Institute is home to the National Reference Centre for Mercury (CRNM) (www.cnrmerc.org) which represents Italy within the framework of the International Convention on Mercury which is currently in the approval phase under the auspices of UNEP (Provvedimenti n.78796 del 20/12/2012; n.38481, 28/06/2013).
The activity of the Institute is predominantly focused on projects and programs with international, European and national relevance.