Institute of clinical physiology (IFC)
Prof. FABIO ANASTASIO RECCHIA
Phone number: 050 3153302-2016
c/o Area di Ricerca "S. Cataldo"
Via Giuseppe Moruzzi, 1 - 56124 Pisa (PI)
Phone number: 050-3152016-3302
From its first realization as a Laboratory in 1967, IFC, by adopting the name "Clinical Physiology", anticipated the cultural and ethical conception of what is now evidence-based medicine. The original mission of the Institute : "To Bring advances in the diagnosis and treatment of patient derived from the scientific research to the public health system, drawing from the clinical observation the themes and objectives of the research" is more recently translatable as "Customized Assistance" with a translational view realized through:
- health promotion and quality of life;
- monitoring and control of weaker patients and citizens;
- optimization of therapeutic interventions, together with the reduction of hospitalization times;
- modeling at various levels specific to the patient, with appropriate systems support for simulation and decision;
- more attention to patients as well as to healthcare professionals;
- new frontiers in multimodal imaging and the use of new biomaterials;
- the careful risk / benefit evaluation of the diagnostic approach used, and its suitability, with the goal of improving diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.