Nature-based society: the contribution of bio-economy
Il 06/06/2018 ore 18.30 - 22.00
Bruxelles - European Parliament, Room A3G2
Mankind is facing a grand challenge which entail a paradigmatic shift to a new way to intend economy: a bio-economy which for a large proportion draws its resources from living nature (biomass, ‘green resources’, marine resources), as an integral part of a green, sustainable and circular economy.
The transition towards bio-economy holds a great potential in terms of economic growth, rural development and decreasing fossil dependence, but requires tackling of many challenges at many levels.
In order to discuss and deepen such important aspects for the future research programme, I would be pleased to invite you to a debate on the contribution of bio-economy to develop a nature based society, promoted by the National Research Council of Italy, that will take place on June 6th, in the European Parliament, room A3G2, from 18:30 PM to 20:00PM followed by a networking cocktail.
The event aims at reflecting on the relevance of bio-economy in the European scenario, in particular stressing its role in shaping the future society.
We discussion will be attended by:
- Commissioner Phil Hogan
- Mep Vice President Itre Committee Patrizia Toia
- Mep Member of Envi Committee Simona Bonafè
- Executive director of Bbi JU Philippe Mengal
- President of Cnr Massimo Inguscio
- Director of Dg Agri Pierre Bascou
- Director of Dg Rtd John Bell
- Head of Secretariat - Jpi Facce Heather McKhann
- Director Cnr Agrifood Department Francesco Loreto
- Professor of Wur Maria Barbosa
- Director Programming at the Biobased Industries Consortium - Nelo Emerencia
For those who want to is mandatory to send a confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com by May, 18th. If you need a badge to enter to the EP premises please provide your name/surname/date of birth and number of id card or passport
European Parliament - ITRE and ENVI Committe
CNR - DG - Attività e Relazioni con Istituzioni Europee
Rue du Trone 98 - Bruxelles 1050
Modalità di accesso: registrazione / accredito