CNR Research Ethics and Integrity Committee’s Documents
The following documents are currently under elaboration:
- “Quality of scientific data and the so-called Fake Data phenomenon in the sciences” (Rapporteurs: F.M. Pizzetti and M.L. Rastello; Scientific Secretariat: S. Scalzini, LUISS Guido Carli);
- “Ethics of research on human subjects in the engineering sector” (Rapporteurs: E. Cerbai and V. Marchis; Scientific Secretariat: C. Mugelli);
- “Research on human remains” (Rapporteurs: C. Caporale and L. Godart; Scientific Secretariat: M. Arizza);
- Ethical perspectives on the evaluation criteria of scientific research" (Rapporteurs: V. Di Nuoscio and V. Marchis; Scientific Secretariat: A. Grignolio);
- Communication of scientific knowledge. Guidelines for researchers" (Rapporteur: A. Massarenti; Scientific Secretariat: R.M. Zagarella);
- Incidental Findings in the natural and social sciences" (Rapporteurs: F. Migliardo and E. Porceddu; Scientific Secretariat: M. Annoni);
- Authorship" (Rapporteurs: C. Caporale and D. Fanelli; Scientific Secretariat: G. Adamo);
- Research Integrity Training" (Rapporteurs: E. D'Antuono and D. Fanelli; Scientific Secretariat: A. Frandi)
Codes and Guidelines
- 2019 Revision of the “Guidelines for Research Integrity”, approved on June 10, 2015 (new)
- “Increasing Risks of Predatory Publishing: Recommendations for Researchers”, approved on June 13, 2019 (new)
- “Incidental Findings in scientific research: Criteria and Recommendations for -Omics Sciences”, approved on May 3, 2018.
- “Informed Consent in Scientific Research: Ethical Toolkit”, approved on November 23, 2017.
- “Ethical Charter on Social Sciences and Humanities Research”, adopted on March 16, 2017.
- “Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct”, adopted on November 24, 2016.
- 2019 Revision of the “Code of Ethics and Deontology for Scientific Activity in the field of Cultural Heritage”, approved on November 25, 2015.
- “Dignity, freedom and equality in the European Research Area”, approved on 11 April 2019.
- “Gender medicine and clinical trials”, approved on 21 June 2018.
- “Dual Use in scientific research”, approved on 24 November 2016
- Ethical advice to the President of the CNR on alleged cases of research misconduct related to the fabrication/falsification/plagiarism of images/data/texts in scientific articles, examined by the Committee. The alleged cases examined mainly concerned CNR personnel and in some cases university and research centres personnel, at the request of the Deans or Presidents of the corresponding institutions.
- Ethical advice to the Directors of the CNR Departments and to the Directors of CNR Institutes: responses to ethical-legal questions and support to activities on these topics.
Last update: 21/11/2019