CNR Research Ethics and Integrity Committee’s Documents
Codes and Guidelines
- “Guidelines for Research Integrity” (2019 Revision)
- “Body donation to science” (2022)
- “Code of Ethics and Deontology for Scientific Activity in the field of Cultural Heritage” (2019 Revision)
- “Increasing Risks of Predatory Publishing: Recommendations for Researchers” (2022 Revision)
- “Incidental Findings in scientific research: Criteria and Recommendations for -Omics Sciences” (2018)
- “Informed Consent in Scientific Research: Ethical Toolkit” (2017)
- “Ethical Charter on Social Sciences and Humanities Research” (2017)
- “Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct” (2016)
- “Dignity, freedom and equality in the European Research Area” (2019)
- “Gender medicine and clinical trials” (2018)
- “Dual Use in scientific research” (2016)
- Ethical advice to the President of the CNR on alleged cases of research misconduct related to the fabrication/falsification/plagiarism of images/data/texts in scientific articles, examined by the Committee. The alleged cases examined mainly concerned CNR personnel and in some cases university and research centres personnel, at the request of the Deans or Presidents of the corresponding institutions.
- Ethical advice to the Directors of the CNR Departments and to the Directors of CNR Institutes: responses to ethical-legal questions and support to activities on these topics.
Documents in progress
The following documents are currently under elaboration:
- “Ethics of research on human subjects in the engineering sector” (Rapporteurs: E. Cerbai and V. Marchis; Scientific Secretariat: C. Mugelli);
- “Research on human remains” (Rapporteurs: C. Caporale and L. Godart; Scientific Secretariat: M. Arizza);
- Communication of scientific knowledge. Guidelines for researchers" (Rapporteur: A. Massarenti; Scientific Secretariat: R.M. Zagarella);
- Authorship" (Rapporteurs: C. Caporale and D. Fanelli; Scientific Secretariat: G. Adamo);
The Committee invites researchers, mainly from the CNR, to suggest possible topics of interest in order to develop orientation tools or guidelines.
Last update: 15/11/2022