Call for papers - Workshop on Management of Cloud and Smart City Systems (MoCS 2017)
Dal 03/02/2017 ore 08.00 al 27/03/2017 ore 23.59
Heraklion, Crete, Greece
The Seventh Workshop on Management of Cloud and Smart City Systems (MoCS 2017 http://mocs.disi.unibo.it) will take place on July 3rd, 2017 in Heraklion, Crete (Greece), organized by National Research Council of Italy and University of Messina (Italy) in association with The Twenty-Second IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC 2017).
The low cost of hardware components and the rapid growth of a business model for Cloud services are two important drivers for the success of the Cloud. Nevertheless, most of the players today require also to analyze data available on the Cloud with a holistic approach provided often by data mining techniques. Under this respect, services designed for complex scenarios like Smart Cities benefit of this new Cloud era.
The objective is to track and comprehend the flow of novelty in Cloud systems and to put on the foreground all the features and related issues, with a particular attention to the convergence of Cloud systems together with Smart City systems and on the (re)use of open Cloud platforms for designing services for Smart Cities.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following:
- Experiences on the use of Cloud systems when applied to services designed for Smart Cities;
- Analytical and simulation models and tools to measure systems scalability and to achieve resource saving in socio-technical Smart City systems;
- Novel adaptive management solutions for scalable, maintainable, cost-effective;
- Cloud provision, at all software stack layers;
- New models and paradigms for the management of Cloud services at the host level, within/between data centres (intra- /inter-domain);
- Big Data flows processing for Smart City scenarios;
- Relationship between IoT and Cloud systems in Smart City scenarios;
- (Re)use of open Cloud-integrated platforms for the design of Smart Cities services.
A call for paper is open - important dates:
Submission: March 27, 2017
Notification: April 17, 2017
Camera-ready: April 24, 2017
Workshop: July 3, 2017
Papers should be written in English. Manuscripts should not exceed 6 pages in the IEEE proceedings style, including all figures, tables and references. To submit a paper, please follow the instructions on the Workshop web site.
The Workshop Proceedings will be part of the ISCC 2017 Proceedings and will submitted for publication to IEEE Xplore (http://ieeexplore.ieee.org)
Michele Girolami: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maria Fazio: email@example.com
Istituto di Scienza e Tecnologie dell'Informazione
Università di Messina
The Twenty-Second IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC 2017)
CNR - Istituto di scienza e tecnologie dell'informazione "Alessandro Faedo"
Via Moruzzi, 1
Modalità di accesso: a pagamento