The Horizon 2020 Be.CULTOUR project ‘Beyond Cultural Tourism’ coordinated by the Institute for Research on Innovation and Services for Development (CNR-IRISS) is launching a Call for passionate innovators to shape the future of cultural tourism through innovative circular services and/or products in the following Be.CULTOUR Pilot Heritage Sites:
- Vulture-Alto Bradano area, Basilicata Region, Italy;
- The cultural park of Rio Martin, Teruel province, Aragon region, Spain;
- Larnaca rural cultural landscape, Larnaca Region, Cyprus;
- Forsvik and Rydal Industrial Heritage Sites, Västra Götaland Region, Sweden;
- Bač, Sremski Karlovci and Irig in Vojvodina Region, Serbia;
- The Route of Stephan the Great and Saint, North-East Romania – Moldova cross-border area.
19 applications will be selected to participate in the Hackathon, which will take place in Brussels from 7 to 9 September 2022, guided by ICHEC Brussels Management School. Selected applicants will be given the opportunity to access the Be.CULTOUR Accelerator, a training programme of 4 months in which they will have the possibility to develop their innovative solutions to a close-to-market stage.
Starting from the challenges linked to the targeted deprived, remote or over-exploited areas, the selected participants will develop circular cultural tourism services and/or products that will focus on creating attractive destinations taking into account post-COVID-19 pandemic scenarios.
To learn more about the definition provided for each innovation area of this call, together with the three main concepts of Horizon 2020, Be.CULTOUR framework and definition of circular cultural tourism, please read carefully the open call- terms and conditions available on https://becultour.eu/hackathon. Deadline for submission of application is May 2nd 2022 at 18:00 (CET).
Follow @BeCultour project on the main social media for the next updates.